Friday, May 20, 2011

Pre-Trip

Hello All!

It is great to have any and all of you with James, Haley and myself, as we are about to embark on a trip to Europe.
To say that I can NOT wait for Sunday would be an understatement. It is so close, yet so far, for me, as I have a very, very busy weekend separating me from the flight out of Appleton. Particularly Saturday, as I will be graduating, working, and trying to get home at a decent time in order to make sure I have everything along.

This is my second visit to Germany, especially Darmstadt, where quite a few of my friends are living. It will be so good to see everyone once again; I am super excited about that.

As far as the rest of the trip goes, I hope that the new countries I will be visiting will be both educational and fun. Working with the Italian chef is particularly thrilling to think about. It, in a way, confirms my idea; that getting both a degree and some years of work experience in the Culinary field enables me to work anywhere. Literally. That is pretty cool to think about.

I look forward to this blog experience. To those of you who cannot physically be there with us, I hope that through our posts that you can find some entertainment, and hopefully we can inspire more students to take part in some international travels!

I may post again before we leave, perhaps before takeoff, while I am waiting in line. Hopefully there will not be too many issues. I did find out that I will just have to leave my leaf blower at home. It is not apparently an approved carry-on. I feel that this fact alone will put a severe damper on my overall trip experience (as I would hopefully be sitting behind James over the mid-Atlantic), but I will have to just become more inventive, I guess.

Until next time,

Benjamin Christian

No comments:

Post a Comment